Saturday 5 April 2014

Tax Payer Funded Political Propoganda

My morning muesli soured when I received a bulk signed letter from David Cameron - may I share my response with you - and the National Audit Office, Press and others to whom it went.
Dear Sirs
(sent to David Cameron's Constituency office as there is no email for David Cameron available)
I am writing in my capacity as Managing Director of GSI Ltd, an SME that designs and builds electronic instrumentation. I wish to complain about the use of tax payers' money to support party political propoganda. Today I received a letter from David Cameron which purports to be about the new NIC £2000 rebate - but reads like a Party Political leaflet. This is a disgraceful abuse of public money and should be stopped, I sincerely hope that hard working tax payers have not paid for this propoganda.
It is also untrue. The coalition government undermined the nascent recovery they inherited in 2010 by deflationary policies that pushed the UK back into recession. The worst policy from a business viewpoint being the VAT tax rise - many of my suppliers are non VAT registered self employed traders, and they had no choice other than to pass on this tax hike in their charges to me for materials as they could not reclaim it. VAT of course disproportionally hits the low paid, typical of the Conservative Party, and sucked money out of the UK home market. Other tax hikes include IPT, APD, fuel excise - the list goes on. It is like being mugged in the street, and then being given some small change by the thief to buy a cup of tea!
I am also sick of Mr Cameron lying about our business taxes - only big businesses, mostly foreign owned, have had Corporation Tax cuts. British SMEs like mine who represent over 50% of our GDP are still paying the same as we did under Labour in 2010.
The cause of the recession was the greed of the Western world's banking sector, yet Mr Cameron has done nothing to regulate the Banks who did so much damage to Britian's economy.
I note that the return address "Huddersfield HD8 1DY" is no longer in use according to the post office, but was once used by a Debt Collection agency - how appropriate.
Finally I am based in the North East - and the Coalition Government's abolition of the RDAs was a gross folly that undermined innovation and the availability of support for new product development. Mr Cameron has undermined our economy, pushed us back in to recession, and has created a false boom built on quicksand - merely to give the false impression of economic comptence in time for the next General Election.
So my question to the National Audit Office is - who paid for this letter?

POSTSCRIPT

The NAO have now confirmed that the letter cost £430,000 and was sent to 1.7 Million people

No comments:

Post a Comment